Tuesday, April 10, 2012

1 SAMUEL 5-7  NOT JUST ANOTHER USUAL DAY FOR THE PHILISITNES
It's Tuesday, my day off (of my paid job) and as much as I WANT to get my day started reclaiming my house from the week of neglect... I know full well that if I neglect my Bible reading it will tumble to the end of the list, possible under my falling asleep on the couch at 8:30 watching television, and it won't get done...so here I go. (For once obeying :)
I am doing things a little different today--reading and writing as I go. I'm hit with a sense of God's humor as Dagon (a false god) is fallen on it's "face" before the ark of the Lord in the morning.  And when his followers put him back in his place (I am seeing them with shocked looks on their faces rushing to set him up!) the next day his head and arms are dismembered and only his body is there--fallen before the ark! Then there is a massive game of Hot Potato as the citizens try to get rid of the ark by bouncing it from city to city. After crafting golden tumors (ewww) and rats to give as a peace offering, they placed the ark on a wagon hitched with cows and watch it return to God's people. (of whom several died just for looking on the ark even though they didn't ask for it to land in their field.)
The judgement of the Lord is fair, yet sometimes although we can understand why the obvious "sinners" are struck down, we can't fathom why the people who seem to be serving God suffer as well (like Eli...I mean he was working in the temple for most his life and even he died {falling back on his chair and breaking his neck} because of the consequences of sin.
Today's reading was interesting. I was most enlightened by God's imagination. But most sobered with the fact that we simply need to obey Him. God is noone to play games with.  HE is the ultimate rule maker, HE is the ultimate Judge and HE will be the ultimate winner.We have no business messing with his game plan.~~Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment